Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012

After looking back at  this post about flat belly, I decided to post an update. I managed to get a flat belly. I am currently in the best shape of my life since I was 18. And I eat everything I want.
My secret is - running. I started a program to increase the mileage, and I've been running about 10-13 miles a week. It's a lot for me.

However, I didn't expect to get my foot so injured that it would hurt to walk, not to mention run.

Today the pain was so strong, I had to slow down my pace. When I walk, I step on the outside of my foot, which is hurting now too. After consulting my doctor, the Internet, I know it is metatarsalgia. I know exactly how and when I got it. It was last year, from my stupid high-heel boots. They were the only presentable winter footwear that I could wear to work. It took me several months to heal that pain. And it took one day of wearing heels a month ago to bring the pain back.
This time I ignored the pain and kept to my weekly running routine. Until today. After the articles and videos my "doctor' showed me, I decided to give my feet some rest.
I don't want the pain to get worse and with the increased mileage and all.... it's just better to wait a little.
I do want to start walking normally again, not thinking how to angle my foot every time I make a step.
Big sigh......

I am still going to work on elliptical machines

P.S. Today managed to be different

No comments:

Post a Comment